Sunday, April 27, 2008

Walking for a cause

Well, yeah... walking is healthy. Walk to improve your health.. But that's not what I wanted to talk about here. Several years back when I would hear from walk-a-thons or marthons for a cause, I wasn't sure what to think of it. Most of it was the fact that if they raise money where will that go? And what do they do with them.
Then about 4 years back I got involved in walkathon, coz of personal reasons. First I was not sure if I should even go there. But then when I went there and talked to people, I realized, everyone is so genuinely into it.. try and raise money for the research, raise awareness in people. Now that I am into it, I sometime feel why no one responds abt the walk. It's just not any walk u know, it's close to my heart. !!!! Right.!! Do you even should care??....!!Honestly, I don't think I would have cared much to give a second look before, ... but yeah, if it was from any of my friends I would have given a second look and tried to understand what's going on.. and may be stopped at that.! .... I really donno, .. Wish I was on the other side of the fence or on the fence and not have to deal with being on this side of the fence.
Now,... it's harder to ignore anything going around me. I can't anymore... See if you could give a second look or second glance to something, that you usually would pass off... Just walk for a cause, walk for urself, walk, run, talk and pray...... so that you should never have to be on this side of the fence.!

No comments: